The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- Nurmagomedov retires from MMA after defending his UFC lightweight title with a broken footon October 25, 2020 at 9:29 am
Khabib Nurmagomedov has announced his retirement from mixed martial arts (MMA) after successfully defending his UFC lightweight title against Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.
- Turkish president claims Emmanuel Macron 'needs mental health treatment' over his attitude to Islamon October 25, 2020 at 8:35 am
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said Emmanuel Macron needs mental health treatment over his attitude towards Muslims - prompting France to recall its ambassador.
- 'I could only bring half of me': Adele jokes about weight loss as she hosts Saturday Night Liveon October 25, 2020 at 4:43 am
Adele has appeared as a host on Saturday Night Live, joking about her weight loss and explaining to fans why her next album is unfinished.
- Self-isolation for people who come into contact with positive coronavirus cases could be reducedon October 25, 2020 at 3:26 am
Contacts of people infected with coronavirus may have to self-isolate for as little as seven days amid concerns about levels of public compliance with the NHS Test and Trace system.
- Trump supporters show Biden that winning Pennsylvania won't be as easy as the polls sayon October 25, 2020 at 1:21 am
The energy of American politics is extraordinary.
- Some hospitals still not allowing partners to be present during labouron October 24, 2020 at 11:04 pm
Restrictions on hospital visitors because of COVID-19 have hit maternity services hard.
- Small breweries warn 'reverse Robin Hood tax system' putting jobs at riskon October 24, 2020 at 10:31 pm
Small breweries in Britain are warning that hundreds of jobs are at risk over government plans to cut tax relief.
- Top Tory MP calls for Test and Trace boss to be axed over 'lack of strategy'on October 24, 2020 at 8:54 pm
A top Tory MP and leading Boris Johnson ally is calling for Dido Harding, the beleaguered boss of NHS Test and Trace, to be axed.
- Govt has 'misunderstood the national mood' on free school meals, senior Conservative admitson October 24, 2020 at 2:07 pm
A senior Tory has said the party has to "admit we've misunderstood the mood of the country" over the extension of free school meals - adding that the government will probably have to "think again" after voting against the move.
- Wales to review non-essential item ban in supermarkets as man charged with criminal damageon October 24, 2020 at 8:07 am
The Welsh government has said it will review its ban on supermarkets selling non-essential items following a widespread backlash.